I Like That

I Like That
See, hear, taste, touch and inhale the wonders of the world.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Andree: What's in a Name?

Andree\an-dree\ as a girl's name is a variant of Andrea (Greek), and the meaning of Andree is "manly, virile".

“What’s in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet”, wrote William Shakespeare. This is a true statement about my sister Andree. For years, her five sisters and one brother called her Andy. It was only last year, when I had the privilege of visiting her after nearly seventeen years of never seeming to find the time to go to her, that she asked me sweetly to address her as Andree. I felt honoured.

Andree is a shoot-from-the-hip rancher. She is honest and gets straight to the point in all her conversations. She lives with her partner and little dog on a manicured property just outside Victor, Montana. I can hear her inherited Canadian accent on some occasions but I found that Montana and its cowboy lilt has worked its way into her vocal cords.

She fed me, housed me and entertained me the entire time I was a guest in her warm house. We laughed and cried and fell in love with each other all over again.

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~ Marion C. Garretty

Welcome to Montana

Susan and Andree at Mono Creek homestead

Chico - "Boo"


Victor Mercantile



No comments:

Post a Comment